Tuesday, February 12, 2008

5 Lessons from Huck's Big Day

I agree with these commentaries on the Super Tuesday, Feb. 5 primaries:
http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer/2008/02/5-lessons-from-hucks-big-day.html

Even if Romney releases his 288 delegates to him, Huckabee would still have only 528 votes, which is less than half what he needs to win the nomination.

I'm hoping he will stay in the race so that the evangelical voice will still be heard.

McCain's Evangelical Troubles Mount

"Complicating that picture for McCain is that many high-profile evangelical organizers who might help change minds about him are skeptical about his chances in November. “When it’s time to vote, if it’s between McCain and a Democrat [evangelicals] will vote for McCain,” said David Barton, a Texas-based Christian activist who directed evangelical pastor outreach for the Republican National Committee during the 2004 election. “But they won’t work for McCain. They’re not going to fall on their swords for him.”
“As close as recent presidential races have been,” Barton continued, “…. I find it difficult to believe that anyone can win without the help of what has been between 35 and 40-percent of the Republican base.”
http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer/2008/02/mccains-evangelical-troubles-m.html

I agree. I don't think I will not go door-to-door to work for McCain or work those phone calls as I have in the past for pro-life candidates. I'm going to have to pray about it a lot before I could be enthusiastic about McCain. I probably can hold my nose as I vote for him, but not without angst.

No comments: