There is only a link to another page.
Look at what John McCain said about abortion in the 2000 election campaign. It shows a big change.
I think this is also significant:
- Rated 0% by National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Rated 75% by the National Right to Life (NRLC), indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
- Absent from Values Voter Presidential Debate. (Sep 2007)
- Voted YES on confirming Samuel Alito as Supreme Court Justice. (Jan 2006)
- Voted YES on confirming John Roberts for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. (Sep 2005)
Anyway you look at it, John McCain's position on abortion is inconsistent with some of his previous positions. Which one is the real John McCain?
Could I vote for him? If he is the lesser of two evils, yes. He is not my first choice, but I would pick him over Clinton, Obama, Edwards or other Democrats any day.